We are also looking into creating a security policy for our college.  I would be interested in seeing how others are going about forming their's.  The big issues we have are the future implementation of a firewall, the ability for users to install/remove software from workstations, passwords and remote access to electronic resources (i.e. use of VPNs).  Our main goal is to layout a general plan of what we want to do, without being to specific, that way we can use it as a guide and also to back up our decisions.

Stephen Bogdanski           Network Support, MSU-CVM
Michigan State University  [log in to unmask]
A227 VetMed Center         Phone:          (517) 353-5551
East Lansing, MI 48824     Fax:              (517) 432-2937

>>> Oscar Castaneda <[log in to unmask]> 03/17/04 05:32PM >>>
Jim,
We are in the process of writing a document, or a series of documents on
that line. It would be great for me to collaborate with somebody else on
writing it.

--
Oscar Castaneda
Center for Global Change and Earth Observations