That looks like you are using another system as your smtp server.
When your mail server forwards the message to mail.msu.edu, it generates
a bounce from the errors mail.msu.edu returns.

If you use mail.msu.edu directly, it sounds like most clients will give
up after the first error.

--
Ed Symanzik
MSU Mail Team