John,

Last Fall, Microsoft took a lot of heat in the press for the fact that
if you bought a brand new PC (say for back to school) and were a dialup
user, you had hours of patches to download, and, while you were
downloading, you were susceptible to Blaster/Welchia.

Their approach evolved into the "1, 2, 3 protect your PC" message,
(Windows Update, Anti-virus, Firewall).

So I suppose they would argue that at least having run this CD,
you are in much better shape to get current.  They would advise
you to run Windows Update immediately again no matter how
current the CD.

Did it come with Office updates?  You need to patch Office as well.

Note that including an antivirus TRIAL conflicts with what they
offer on the Web: a fully functional A/V and firewall from Computer
Associates, free for a year for home users.

/rich