Hello all,

No one had any specific suggestions for agenda items, so I will freely admit to playing this meeting by ear.  The representatives from Novell couldn't pull together people in time for this meeting, but will be attending in March to provide more information about their Linux strategy and future development related to Linux and Novell.  If you have interest in presentations from any other vendors, please let me know who, and I'll try to find a regional contact to bring someone in for presentations or demonstrations.  That said, here's a tentative agenda for today's meeting:

1.   Brief review of topics from last meeting:
2.   Computer Lab update  (test VPN, other issues)
3.   AIS update
      (assuming staff from related departments are in attendance)
4.   Hot topics from recent list discussion
          (mail.msu.edu worm/virus response, email client issues, others?)
5.   Vendor wish-list: who would you like to hear from?
6.   Open Discussion

My thanks as always goes to George Perkins for providing us with the room at 1400 BPS,  snacks and drinks for all.  I hope to see you there this afternoon.

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
MSU - Detroit College of Law
208 Law College Building