Cross-posted per request; hope to see you today.

/rich

MSU Webmasters will have their monthly meeting on Thurs Feb 19, at 1:30
pm, in the International Center Library (formerly the "Con-Con Room").

Topics include:

-- A presentation on "Virtual Tours: How to Deliver a Quality
Experience"

Our speaker will be Frank Cugini, CEO of Synergy Soup Interactive,
parent company of Synergy 360 Tours and TalkinSites.com web audio. He
possesses a Bachelor of Art Degree from Olivet College and AA Computer
Animation with Commercial Art Specialty from Lansing Community College.
Cugini has won several ADDY (Advertising) Awards, was nominated for the
2001 Mid-Michigan Entrepreneur of The Year competition.  Joining Mr.
Cugini will be Michael Bloemers, Director of Business Development.

-- A discussion on HTML Validation: Do you validate your content?  Using
what tools?  How often?  Adhering to what standard(s)

-- Web page counters: how commercial off-site counters can use your site
to infect your visitors with spyware.

-- Survey by Jim Green on virtual hosting and related topics

-- Open mike: Q&A, new MSU Web sites, LIFT

Please let me know of any other topics you'd like added to the agenda.

/rich

PS -- John Valenti asked that I forward this question to the list:

I've had to move our department website from a Win2000 server (IIS 5)
Win2003 server running IIS6. About 95% of the site is working, but I'm
having trouble with some VBscript that accesses database files. The
error message I receive
is:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error
'80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Selected collating sequence
not supported by the operating
system.
/hretc/hretcprogindex.asp, line 12
-------------
Line 12
is:
Set rs = conn.execute("Select ID, Title, IsNew from eventprofile where
CategoryID = 3 and Indexed =
'Yes'")
----------------------------
I found some information on Microsoft's website for the error. One thing
it recommended was making a registry key readable for IIS account. I
did  that, it didn't seem to help. Then they pointed me to KB# 183060
INFO:
Troubleshooting Guide for 80004005 and Other Error
Messages
But looking for that yields "The article you are looking for is
currently not available." Grrrrr!

Does anyone have an offline copy of that
KB?