Same thing happens in Netscape Messenger 4 thru 7.1 and Outlook
Express.  Here are instructions on recovering the quarantined Inbox and
also a workaround (adjusting Norton's configuration) to prevent it.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000051809560906?open&txt=s

--
Peter L. Maziak
Manager, Comm Tech Lab, http://commtechlab.msu.edu