At 10:16 AM 2/27/2004, John Valenti wrote:
>I ended up setting up a Microsoft SUS server, which works fairly
>well to push out critical/security patches. Then I just use HFnetchk to
>verify that the patches installed.

We just set up SUS a couple of weeks ago, and I've been using Microsoft's Baseline Security Analyzer to check that patches get installed.  However, it appears that MBSA cannot scan any of our computers that have the Win XP firewall (ICF) enabled.  Has anyone else dealt with this problem (and solved it)?  Does the ICF also interfere with HFnetchk?

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017