Chris,

Can you tell us a bit about the setup your average participant
uses?  What sort of PC?  What sort of connection speed?

Chuck Severance now works for U-M and has a Polycom videoconferencing
unit in the basement of his house.  He shares a cable modem connection
using a consumer grade router and regularly "meets" with colleagues
in Ann Arbor or around the world with very good results.  He says
more and more folks are getting Polycom units in their private
offices to do likewise.

/rich