Doug (or some other Central VPN person),

At this point I am blocking access to most ports on PCs in my Windows
domain from sources outside of a short list of allowed IP ranges.  These
IP ranges basically consist of Physics and Astronomy "owned" static and
DHCP addresses.  To help outside users access the domain from a source
outside the allowed range I run a VPN server of my own, but I've found
that the VPN solution provided by Microsoft is sometimes not as reliable
as I'd like.

It would be helpful for me if you were to let us know the range of
addresses that are assigned by the central VPN server so I can allow
them through my IPSec policies.  This way I can give my VPN users the
option of using the central solution when it goes public.

It seemed apparent from discussions at the last NAG meeting that other
folks on campus are firewalling or otherwise blocking ports (or planning
to do so soon) to machines in their specific departments, and they would
also find this information helpful.

If this information is already publicly available somewhere then feel
free to find me and slap me at your earliest convenience.

Jeff Bowes
1209A Biomedical Physical Sciences