Just curious - what do you see as an AUP requirement to notify users
directly?

I did note that I could find a reference to the antivirus/antispam
change by going to "About mail.msu.edu" from the mail.msu.edu home
page.  It does seem like this should be in the "System Status" page
as soon as possible, though.

Historically, all-user spams for changes such as this have been
frowned upon.  However, the Computer Lab now has a list of users
who have requested to be informed via e-mail; seems like that list
should be spammed with this message.

Doug

> Can you say when the mail system users will be directly informed of this
> change?  (it seems like the AUP requires that)  And will the text of
> that message be the same?
>
> -John
>

> Rich Wiggins wrote:
> > This morning, Tom Davis, Director of the Computer Laboratory, sent
> > the following memo to all deans, directors, and chairs, announcing
> > an upgrade to mail.msu.edu scheduled for December 17.  As requested,
> > we're forwarding it so that computer support people will be ready
> > as your clients start to contact you.
> >
> > /rich

Doug Nelson                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                 Ph: (517) 353-2980
Computer Laboratory             http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/
Michigan State University