Consider the following as we decide how to proceed with MSU Webmaster
communication avenues.

A web based discussion forum (aka message board or bulletin board) would
make a lot of sense for this group and create an interactive online
community of sorts.  Broad topics (established beforehand (by Rich?)
populated with threaded subtopics result in an organized, searchable
archive (we're all part information architects, after all....)  And the
emails don't pile up in your inbox (or filtered folder) on a daily or
piecemeal basis.   And there are plenty of free turnkey solutions
available (for one, http://www.phpbb.com/ ).  Just need to find a box to
put it on.

I would argue that this is better than a listserv, newsgroup, and even
ANGEL.  But this certainly doesn't need to be an "either/or" solution.
Perhaps we can have a discussion forum and a listserv.

And certainly don't just take my word.  See what others are doing:
http://www.impact89fm.org/phpbb2/index.php
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums
http://webforums.macromedia.com/dreamweaver/
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

Finally, here is a quick initial brainstorm of how to organize topics:
Web Authoring Tools (Dreamweaver, GoLive, ImageReady, Fireworks, Photoshop)
Web Design (content design, site design, page design)
Usability (usability lab, user testing, test drive my site)
Content Management
Accessibility (section 508, LIFT, screen readers, tools)
Coding (HTML, XHTML, JavaScript, CSS, DHTML, style sheets)
Server Side Scripting (PHP, ASP, JSP, Cold Fusion, Perl, CGI)
Embedded Media (audio/video, Flash, QuickTime, Real, Windows Media)
Backend (IIS, Apache, Unix, Linux, hardware, databases, security, hackers)
Copyright Issues (intellectual property, graphics, photos)
Tracking and Logging (traffic, web stats, trends)
Search Engine (MSU keywords, Google)
New Technologies (PDA, Mobile, Wireless)
AIS (Authentication, credit card processing, WebCredit)
HR (careers, duties, responsibilities, compensation, job postings)
General