Taken from project.mail.msu.edu

Virus Blocking
Any message containing a virus will be rejected and an error returned.
Viruses pose several threats to user data, server stability, and to the
network as a whole and therefore, we have decided to make virus blocking
non-optional. An added bonus of this decision is that viruses will be
prevented from spreading from mail.msu.edu users' systems. Our weapon of
choice in this matter is Clam-AV. Although this is an open source
project and run by volunteers, we have seen evidence that it catches
more viruses than some commercial anti-virus software. Even so, we will
continue to investigate commercial products for possible future use.
WARNING: Viruses are not limited to email. You still need anti-virus
software on your computer.

Spam Filtering
Users will have the option of filtering spam from mail delivered to (not
forwarded from) an msu.edu address. Since the definition of spam is
subjective, filtering will be optional. We will be providing
SpamAssassin for this purpose, another open source product.

Mail Filtering
In addition to spam filters, we are also adding a general purpose mail
filter. This adds the ability to reject mail from specific users or
systems, to sort and deliver mail to special folders, and auto-reply
vacation messages.

     - Peter Cole
       IT Administration
       Michigan State University Press