These are very good questions that I'm sure we'd all be interested
in hearing about.  The topics have come up on this list a few times
now, but I haven't personally heard anything on the topic lately.
I'm guessing that providing end-user control of these new features
is where the snag probably lays.  It would be great if someone could
provide the mailing list with some insight into what is in the works.

-Russell