Some things that I would like to know, and perhaps should be addressed in
the help:

1) It's not clear to me how this form of vacation auto-reply interacts with
the "Move to Spam Folder" option.  Will it auto-reply to spam in this case?

2) Similarly, how do user-created filters interact with "Move to Spam
Folder"? Will those filters act on the spam as well, or is it removed from
the "filtering stream"?

3) Finally, what is the difference between the recommended filter method
(Header To: contains netid@) and the very similar (Addressed to netid@)?

At 02:55 PM 12/17/2003, scott thomas wrote:
>A "how to" has now been posted in a link from http://help.msu.edu/mail for
>setting up an auto reply vacation message.
>
>You will see the note at the bottom of the page that notes:
>"There have been requests to enhance this function so it provides more
>options (like starting and ending dates) and does not require as many steps
>to set it up. This will be reviewed for possible inclusion in future
>releases of mail.msu.edu."
>

>Scott G. Thomas
>Division Mgr, Computing Services
>408A Computer Center
>Michigan State University
>517-355-4500 x142

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017