We have experienced a few cases of service pack application problems, where the update runs to about 75% completion and then unloads with an extremely uninformative "Access Denied" message box. In one case, I re-applied SP2 and the application of SP4 was successful. In three other cases, SP3 and SP4 fail with the same symptom at all attempts. I have attempted to apply these SPs in a variety of situations, as local and domain admin, with some to nearly all non-essential tasks loaded... all to no avail. If anyone else has experienced this scenario and was able to achieve success, I would be delighted to know what you found...

Regards

Todd Wilson
Planner/Inspector/Analyst
HVAC Central Control