I have this problem occurring from one of my workstations.  It happens
repeatedly when sending from the same computer.  Doug and others have
verified (by sending test e-mails) that MSU has not been blocked as a
whole and it seems unlikely that any portion of MSU has been blocked.
More likely, individual computers have been added to their blocked IP
list.  In our case, it was the one computer on my network that managed
to get a virus during the recent onslaught.  This computer was
mass-mailing for a few hours one day and likely that was why it was
blocked.

Not sure why only one in five messages was blocked.  In my case, all
messages to AOL recipients have been bounced back.  From the description
of the message it seems it is blocked at the mail router, not by the AOL
user.  Through e-mail correspondence, AOL referred me to a web page with
FAQs.  This page had no information concerning this error, nor could I
find information concerning this error elsewhere on their site.  Most
likely, this was an attempt by AOL to combat the enormous volume of
virus e-mails bouncing around the internet last week.

So far, I have been using the following 2 e-mail addresses to
communicate with AOL, [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]  These
have generated responses but have yet to actually get someone to address
my problem individually.

Just trying to point you in a helpful direction.

-Joe Deming