hi,

One of my faculty just showed me an AOL bounce message from last
Thursday. It says:

554 -(RLY:B1)  The information presently available to AOL indicates this
server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's member
base.  Based on AOL's policy  //www.aol.com/info/bulkemail.html AOL may
not accept further e-mail transactions from this server or domain. For
more info, see http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

He had sent about 5 individual messages to AOL accounts describing one
of our seminars. But he only received one bounce message.

I'm trying to figure out what might be happening ... is maybe just one
of AOL's mail servers "misconfigured" and blocking MSU traffic?  Seems
like he should have received 5 different bounce messages.

Oh, this was from Pilot.

-John

PS - I see that it's possible to upgrade to mail.msu.edu again (at least
Step one pops up). Any official word on this?  Personally I had moved
back to Pilot, but switched back to mail last week since my Pilot inbox
was full and I figured I would give the new hardware a chance.