From: Todd Wilson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 2:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Service Pack Problems

We have experienced a few cases of service pack application problems, where
the update runs to about 75% completion and then unloads with an extremely
uninformative "Access Denied" message box. In one case, I re-applied SP2 and
the application of SP4 was successful. In three other cases, SP3 and SP4
fail with the same symptom at all attempts. I have attempted to apply these
SPs in a variety of situations, as local and domain admin, with some to
nearly all non-essential tasks loaded... all to no avail. If anyone else has
experienced this scenario and was able to achieve success, I would be
delighted to know what you found...

Regards

Todd Wilson
Planner/Inspector/Analyst