The only problem we ran into, three times, was a Windows error box right at
the end of installation, with the title "Service Pack 4 Setup Error" and
contents "An error in updating your system has occurred."  I was able to
find a description of this by searching the MS knowledge base.  It involved
the Windows installer, which I think had to be updated before applying the
service pack.

At 02:43 PM 9/22/2003, you wrote:
>We have experienced a few cases of service pack application problems,
>where the update runs to about 75% completion and then unloads with an
>extremely uninformative "Access Denied" message box.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017