In my haste to answer, since I was using OWA in one of the branch libraries and bandwidth was a bit limited today, I neglected the caveat. If you are using a MSU dial up access then Outlook and drive mapping will still work. If one is using cable or DSL that is not tied to campus directly - the blocked ports will not allow NETBIOS to function so drive mapping won't work. Nor will Outlook 2000 or 2002, unless someone has a work around that I am not aware of.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Katie Clark [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
	Sent: Thu 8/21/2003 8:01 PM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Re: AFS access from off-campus

	I'm replying using Outlook from my kitchen not on campus.  If you have
	your .pst file somewhere on your lan on campus, then you are right, you
	won't be able to load that.  But, Outlook will work from off campus.

	Katie Clark
	National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory
	Michigan State University
	517.333.6338