  MSUFCU hasn't let a virus or worm in the door during the 5 years I've been
over our security.  I can't claim credit for it, and I can’t go into any
details, but we are *very* paranoid.  Traffic goes through about 4-5
different checks.  And we started out with only allowing ports 80 and 443,
and then opened up others just to specific addresses as needed.  More than
one of our systems is monitored live 24/7 and they are very pro-active.  We
only have about 300 users, and I'm still waiting to get ate-up by something,
but so far so good..!

I realize MSU can't go to these extremes.  I guess I'm just saying that it
is possible to be safe, despite Micro$oft.  -  Joe