> We keep hearing about student PCs being removed from the DHCP server.  Have
> other departments noticed that some of their clean staff PCs have been
> knocked off the DHCP server and are allowed to re-register without getting
> the "your PC is infected" message?
>
> We've had several PCs here that I've had to re-register this past
> week.  Are they being accidentally removed from the server? I'd be happy to
> provide a list of them to someone if that might help prevent more
> accidental removals.

I think I may be able to shed some light on this one.  There are a couple
possibilities.  One is that the PC's were not used since mid-May, and the
registrations were deleted in the annual cleanup (soon to be an automated,
regular cleanup of unused registrations).  If it wasn't that, then send
me e-mail with sample Ethernet addresses, and I'll see what I make of it.

Doug

Doug Nelson                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                 Ph: (517) 353-2980
Computer Laboratory             http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/
Michigan State University