Sent:* Monday, August 25, 2003 11:40 AM
*To:* Recipient list suppressed
*Subject:* Email blocking

Graduate Program Directors, Graduate Secretaries,

PLEASE SEE BELOW>
Since these subject lines might be ones you use, you need to be aware
that they are being blocked.

Karen

As I mentioned in last night's DD&C mailing, the SoBig.F email worm
has forced us to start blocking all email messages which contain any
of nine signature SUBJECT lines. These are:
Your details
Thank you!
Re: Re: My details
Re: Wicked screensaver
Re: That movie
Re: Thank you!
Re: Approved
Re: Your application
Re: Details

At Dave Gift's suggestion, I am bringing this to your attention due
to the fact that at least a couple of these SUBJECT lines may commonly
appear in your offices' regular business email. Since we are blocking
over 60,000 emails per hour, the chance of some false positives is
fairly high. You will probably want to alert others in your offices
who routinely handle email of the potential for blocked messages.

Just to clarify, if someone attempts to send a message through the Pilot
("msu.edu") email system and it contains any of the above SUBJECTs, it
will be rejected as containing a virus. (The message itself may or may
not actually contain a virus...) The person sending the email will see
an error message to this effect and the email will not be delivered.

Tom