No, I checked yesterday when I had this problem and the plain-text password
setting is still in place on my machine.  I'm also pretty sure the current
error message is different than the plain-text password error.

At 04:22 PM 8/25/2003, you wrote:
>Wonder if the patches removed plain text password capability?
>
>On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 15:38, Chris Wolf wrote:
> > None of us in my office on campus, running Windows XP, can access AFS via
> > drive mapping anymore.  I also got a call from a faculty member running
> > Windows 2000 who was getting errors from an existing AFS mapping that he
> > had been using for a long time.  Since like everybody else we have applied
> > numerous Windows service packs and patches recently, we have been wondering
> > if something like a tightened security setting in one of them was causing
> > the problem.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017