Margaret,

Do you network administrators ever sleep???  :-)

My notes show that Microsoft released news of the RPC vulnerability on
July 16.  The Computer Lab began blocking some Microsoft ports at the
MSU perimeter on July 30.  The ports being blocked are:

 TCP/UDP ports 135-139, 445, and 539

Port 1434 has been blocked since circa February.

We are trying to keep current status updated at:

http://help.msu.edu/status/

As it happens my wife and I are ACD DSL customers.  In trying to
access her Outlook e-mail from MSU, we discovered that missing folders
suddenly appear if we connect via the CL/Library proxy Web server; I
would've thought that would make no difference.  Would love to know why.

/rich