From: Wheeler, Bill [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 7:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Veritas Backup Admin 9

Hello--
Is anyone out there using Backup Admin version 9?  If so, have you upgraded
the included SQL Server to SP3 to get the Slammer fix?  Did that break
anything in Backup Admin?  We've applied the anti-Slammer fix from Veritas'
web site, but that doesn't upgrade to SP3, and we don't feel very
comfortable leaving SQL Server at SP2 for the long term.  Also, were you
able to check for and/or fix the default blank password for the sa account
in SQL server?  We tried the standard check (osql -U sa), but the instance
appears to be running under a different name, which we don't know.

Thanks for the info!
--Bill.
Bill Wheeler
Systems Programmer and Administrator
Michigan State University Libraries
E-mail: [log in to unmask]  Phone: (517)353-4993