I thought I would add to this information, as folks in my office have
started to convert to the new email system. When configuring the newest
version of MS Outlook it is necessary to make a couple of additional changes
before outgoing mail will work properly.

After following the instructions on the upgrade page, users need to open MS
Outlook 2002 and make a few changes.

1. Open Tools menu/Email Accounts selection.

2. Then click 'view of change existing email accounts', and click "Next".

3. Highlight mail.msu.edu and click "Change".

4. Click "More Settings..."

5. Click "Outgoing Server" and make sure that "My outgoing server (SMTP)
requires authentication"  is checked. Fill the radio button next to "Use the
same settings as my incoming mail server."

6. Click the "Advanced" tab.

7. Click the check-boxes next to *both* "This server requires a secure
connection (SSL) boxes. Make sure incoming server is set to 995 and outgoing
to 25.

8. Click "OK"

9. Click "Next"

10. Click "Finish".

Our Outlook 2002 users who followed the instructions on the Outlook
configuration pages during the conversion process were unable to send mail
until this procedure was complete.

Thanks,
Wendy

Wendy Tate
Network Coordinator - Department of Economics
Michigan State University
101 Marshall Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824
[log in to unmask]    517.355.1816