> We are currently having an issue with the temperature in our server
> room. The building air controls are turned off on evenings and weekends
> and the temperature spikes to an unacceptable level. I was wondering
> what other units have done to combat this issue, and if there has been
> any successful resolutions to this issue.

We are generally able to work with Physical Plant to resolve issues
like this.  In some cases, they can rework the scheduling, but in others,
it may be necessary to modify the control systems or to supply supplemental
air cooling to keep the temperatures within reason.

Doug Nelson                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                 Ph: (517) 353-2980
Computer Laboratory             http://www.msu.edu/~nelson/
Michigan State University