That may be the case if you're using stock systems, but
you have to keep in mind that all internal components
in a system also have an "operating environment".  If
airflow through the case is restricted, internal temps
can get higher than acceptable for individual components.

For example, an AMD Athlon XP processor can reach a max
of 185 degrees.  Put that in a 95 degree room under heavy
load, and it won't likely last very long.

-Russell