The help page about client compatibility with mail.msu.edu
(http://help.msu.edu/mail/testedclients.html) is in error when it states
that the Eudora 5.2.1.1 beta for Windows is compatible as an IMAP client.

When you use any version of Eudora, including the beta-test version, as an
IMAP client to mail.msu.edu, it will fail to retrieve certain messages from
the server.  The message will be listed as an entry in your mailbox, but
the message will be empty.  The messages that this happens to are generally
multi-part MIME, with attachments or embedded images combined with plain
and styled text. I typically get a message or two every day that comes in
"blank" because of this problem.

I reported this to the development team in January, so I don't understand
why it is not listed on the client compatibility page as a problem.  I
spent quite a few hours myself on it, first narrowing down the problem and
documenting it with IMAP logs, followed by a multi-week email dialog with
Eudora's tech support to convince them that there was a problem. The last I
heard, MSU had agreed to provide Eudora's developers with a test account to
look into the problem.

--Chris
Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
Michigan State University     517 353-5017