The Corporate version of Norton Antivirus was purchased in the early
part of December last year.  For most users the license ran for one year
starting January 1.  A few people who had just purchased the product
managed to buy upgrades instead.  Anyway, most copies expire on Jan 1 of
2003.   If Symantec offers a similar deal again this year now would be
the time to tell the computer store if you want them to pursue the
purchase of another year of SAV or instead the Norton Internet Security
package.  Purchasing NAV for the entire student body last year factored
into the purchase price we were offered.  I don't know if we will be
doing it again. This was a block prepurchase and resell for the staff
copies.   Letting them know your interest may allow them to get back to
you so they can ask what quantities to purchase.
- Mel

Mel Micke  [log in to unmask]  517/ 35 5-4500 x110
Michigan State University       Text2pager-WebForm-->
http://netinfo.msu.edu/page
MSU Computer Laboratory    Group leader -  Network Information & Support
Srvcs
301 Computer Center, East Lansing MI 48824-1042