Amin,

This was a scan that went around campuses all over the country in
mid-late April. Unless the scan has happened again more recently, this
is probably when you first got infected with the backdoor virus, which
should be named RemoteNC.

The person(s) that did this scan, scanned subnets of windows computers
for weak administrator passwords, so you may want to change the admin
passwords on your PDC's. They also sometimes replaced the MSTask.exe
with the same backdoor, so you may want to check that one as well.

The problem with just deleting or replacing the W32Time.exe is that the
Windows Time service doesn't actually use that for its service, it's run
by services.exe. There is a w32tm.exe that's description says its the
"Microsoft® Win32 Time Service", so i'm guessing that the services.exe
process calls the w32tm.exe. The w32time.exe process isn't needed at
all, and should be deleted. To get the Time service running again, you
should be able to just change this registry value;
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\ImagePath=%SystemRoot%\System32\services.exe".
Then restart the service, and/or reboot the computer.

Once the time service is running again, you configure the it with
"net.exe time"

hope that helps

--
  Steve Foley  <[log in to unmask]>
  DECS PC Administration  <[log in to unmask]>