Peter,

I think you'll find that your easiest path might be to acquire and install GroupWise 5.5 Enhancement Pack. The Enhancement Pack version of GroupWise (and this is a separate, extra cost version of the product) offers, among other things, support for LDAP directories in the GroupWise address book. Matter of fact, that's why we acquired the Enhancement Pack version. It does work.

Good luck,

John Fishbeck
MSU Physical Plant Computer Systems
Physical Plant Bldg, Ste 1

5-3375, ext 187

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/04/02 09:20AM >>>

I am looking for suggestions for tools I can use to give my users access to the campus LDAP directory from within GroupWise.

We are currently using a product called Mail*Hub MAPI X.500 Service Provider.  Which was a piece of freeware that came out about 8 years ago I think.  It seemed to work fine but after upgrading our client software a few months ago it has been acting flaky.
 We can still search the directory but GroupWise will often fail to send messages to addresses it finds.  It just reports an invalid address and asks for a correction.  If the address is manually entered it works fine.

In any case, I curious what you other GroupWise admins are using to provided access the campus address book.  We are currently running GroupWise 5.5 sp4.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Chin
Network Administrator

Office of the Controller