And for those interested...  LDAP support is built into the GroupWise 6
Client.  In addition, the GroupWise 6 client supports connections to
IMAP, POP, and News stores so you can read all your mail/news from one
the GW 6 Client itself.

In addition, it now supports local caching mode to speed up access and
to allow you to continue to work in GroupWise if the mail server so go
down for maintenance or other reasons.

===============================
Al Bray
Systems Analyst
University Services
Michigan State University
Phone: 517-355-0357 Ext. 161
Fax: 517-353-2024
email: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/04/02 09:28AM >>>
Peter,

I think you'll find that your easiest path might be to acquire and
install GroupWise 5.5 Enhancement Pack. The Enhancement Pack version of
GroupWise (and this is a separate, extra cost version of the product)
offers, among other things, support for LDAP directories in the
GroupWise address book. Matter of fact, that's why we acquired the
Enhancement Pack version. It does work.

Good luck,

John Fishbeck
MSU Physical Plant Computer Systems
Physical Plant Bldg, Ste 1

5-3375, ext 187

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/04/02 09:20AM >>>

I am looking for suggestions for tools I can use to give my users
access to the campus LDAP directory from within GroupWise.

We are currently using a product called Mail*Hub MAPI X.500 Service
Provider.  Which was a piece of freeware that came out about 8 years ago
I think.  It seemed to work fine but after upgrading our client software
a few months ago it has been acting flaky.
 We can still search the directory but GroupWise will often fail to
send messages to addresses it finds.  It just reports an invalid address
and asks for a correction.  If the address is manually entered it works
fine.

In any case, I curious what you other GroupWise admins are using to
provided access the campus address book.  We are currently running
GroupWise 5.5 sp4.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Chin
Network Administrator