Sorry to get in on this discussion late...

There is one account on all WinNT/2K/XP systems which can not be locked out.
In the case of a stand-alone machine, its "The" admin account (typically
called Administrator, and in the case of a Domain Controller (or Active
Directory) it's the FIRST Admin account on the FIRST box in the Domain (PDC)
or the first Admin account on the first DC you promote to an AD DC.  I've
attached an image of what this looks like in AD, and you can look for a
description of "Built-in account for administering the computer/domain".

Once you've identified this account, if you don't know what the password is,
you can use a mildly expensive tool to boot to a CD, mount your NTFS
partition, and reset the appropriate registry key:

http://www.winternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/erdcommander2002.asp

This tool will also let you list the accounts (in case you renamed it an/or
don't know what it is called).

Hope that helps - and if you're really in a pinch, let me know and I can help
you with the ERD disc...

     Rob Neary
     Medical School Information Systems
     University of Michigan