From:   Doug Luxem [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Thursday, March 21, 2002 8:59 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: null sessions

I have been using the setting of "Do not allow enumeration of SAM accounts
and shares" in a domain wide GPO which is equivalent of setting
RestrictAnonymous to 1 in the registry.  This did not stop the null session
attacks from occurring.  According to the following KB article, using a
RestrictAnonymous setting of 2 (no access without explicit permissions) will
have some major effects in domains with down-level clients, and it may also
break the browser service.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q246261

Has anyone seen the problems outlined in this article while using the 2
setting?

Doug
----
Michigan State University