From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Bryan Murphy
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 9:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Remove outlook express from win2k

Nag list,

We are trying to create a pristine build to deploy out to our users and
cant
find a way to completely rid ourselves of the plague that is outlook
express.

During the initial install of windows 2000 pro if you choose not install
it,
it will install anyway and just excludes the icon on the desktop (like
we
wont notice).  The problem with this is that Trojans and virii will
still
use it to propagate even if it isn't the default mail client.

Its not listed on add remove programs and when you manually delete the
directory it RECREATES IT!

Anyone have neat registry hack or a trick on getting rid of this
problem?

Thanks.

Bryan Murphy, MCP
MSU Alumni Internet Developer and Administrator
http://www.msualum.com