]

Font:

LISTSERV at MSU

FWGRADJOBS Home

FWGRADJOBS  November 2017, Week 2

FWGRADJOBS November 2017, Week 2

Research Biologist Position with the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes’ Fish and Wildlife Department, Fort Hall, Idaho

"Schneider, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>

Schneider, Jim

Fri, 10 Nov 2017 01:31:31 +0000

text/plain

Research Biologist Position with the Shoshone-Bannock Tribesí Fish and Wildlife Department, Fort Hall, Idaho

Brief Description: We have a permanent research biologist position open within the Anadromous Fish Program, Shoshone-Bannock Tribes in Fort Hall, Idaho. Research biologists primarily works on quantitative analyses and report writing for a number of ongoing projects throughout the Salmon River basin. Research biologists also occasionally provide comments on, submit data to, or write parts of Biological Assessments/ Opinions germane to the Shoshone-Bannock Tribesí fisheries projects as part of the NEPA process. Finally, the research biologist works with field biologists to ensure quality data collection to meet program and Tribal objectives. We are integrated into the management of anadromous and/or migratory fishes in the Columbia River basin (Chinook, steelhead, bull trout) through collaborative relationships with USFWS, USFS, NOAA, Idaho Department of Fish and Game, etc. which makes for an interesting and dynamic work environment.

Research biologists are encouraged to design studies that complement or spin off from long term Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation projects, to explore existing datasets at the basin scale, and craft manuscripts. Additionally, we have a strong relationship with nearby Idaho State University with an openness to work with academia throughout the region. Generally, the Tribes take a more holistic approach to fisheries research and management than most federal and state agencies, which allows for research flexibility.

The salary ranges from $25.76 - $30.50/hour, depending upon evaluation.  The application period closes on 20 November 2017, or until filled.

Link to the employment section of our website:
http://www.shoshonebannocktribes.com/shoshone-bannock-employment-opportunities.cfm<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.shoshonebannocktribes.com_shoshone-2Dbannock-2Demployment-2Dopportunities.cfm&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=_-iokST6-xlr_I0MZi2KWGHi6zi6B8tmbGUdfumcDpo&s=ZWKTwxVr4KxFqNfm4GIo1sy2qAFGDHs-VQPlnhb7IC8&e=>

Link to application:
http://www.shoshonebannocktribes.com/elements/documents/TribeApplicationPacket.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.shoshonebannocktribes.com_elements_documents_TribeApplicationPacket.pdf&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=_-iokST6-xlr_I0MZi2KWGHi6zi6B8tmbGUdfumcDpo&s=PzPEaQbaXbTzilydXDhamOhHLU-z9sM5ddS2O_AJTjo&e=>

Link to the official job description:
http://www.shoshonebannocktribes.com/jobs/descriptions/ResearchBiologist11_20_2017.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.shoshonebannocktribes.com_jobs_descriptions_ResearchBiologist11-5F20-5F2017.pdf&d=DwMFAg&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=Znw7vQJ85zwmeBWJKUyE3A&m=_-iokST6-xlr_I0MZi2KWGHi6zi6B8tmbGUdfumcDpo&s=EnqmL4VSmKtCVNAzTWWyv28dUL6SGRfPcY49qkeuCS0&e=>

Do not hesitate to contact Lytle Denny (Program manager; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Dr. Jonathan Ebel (Research biologist; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) with questions.