The deadline is approaching for the AIB special-conference in Milan on October 30-31, 2015.
The theme is "Breaking up the global value chain: Possibilities and consequences" - see attached call.
Deadline for submission of an abstract (max. 1,000 words) is September 1st
Further info can be found at the conference website: www.valuechain.bocconi.eu
The conference will cover issues like:
- What are the consequences of breaking up the global value chain and which possibilities is this offering?
- Under what conditions is it beneficial to keep the different business activities in the same location rather than splitting and decentralize them across companies and countries’ boundaries? What are the organizational challenges?
- What are the benefits and costs associated with offshoring? Are there any hidden costs of offshoring? Who is benefitting from offshoring? Is it society at large, customers, employees? What are spill-over effects of offshoring?
- What are the macro-economic and institutional conditions explaining the new international fragmentation and geographical dispersion of the value chains? How has the relevance of location factors changed and affected the new era of offshoring and back-shoring phenomena?
- What are the challenges for policy makers? What can be done in order to promote the manufacturing activities in advanced countries?
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.