Job Posting -Human Resources Management
Deadline: April 30, 2013
University of Tsukuba, Tokyo Japan
The Faculty of Business Sciences invites applications for a special
associate or assistant level of professor (2-year term contract, extension
possible) in Human Resources Management at its MBA Program in
International Business. The Tsukuba MBA-IB Program was established in 2005
with an educational philosophy of developing international business
management professionals who can act autonomously in the new global
business environment. All classes meet on weekday evenings from 6:20 pm to
9:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:55 am to 9:00 pm and are aimed at working
Details are as follows.
1. Job Description:
1) Teach three or more courses related to Human Resources Management in
English to a diversified group of working professionals.
2) Conduct joint educational projects with domestic and international
3) Supervise students' business projects (equivalent to that of master
thesis in academic program.)
4) Undertake administrative work regarding program management and
2. Required Qualifications and competencies
1) A Ph.D. (ABD considered) in an area related to HRM
2) One or more reviewed paper(s) in the last five years in an area related
3. Other Qualifications
1) Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
2) Commitment to the MBA-IB Program$B!G(Bs educational policy.
3) Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, sensitivity and
respect for diversity.
4) All nationalities and are welcome.
5) Basic Japanese ability is an advantage.
6) Professional experience in teaching postgraduate programs would be an
7) Other details following the internal rules of the University of Tsukuba.
We offer compensation commensurate with experience and in accordance with
university regulations and standards.
5. Approximate starting date: October 1, 2013
6. Application Documents
Applications should include the following documents and must be
post-marked by April 30, 2013.
Electronically submitted document will NOT be valid for screening.
1) Cover letter including motivation for application
2) Curriculum vitae (with a 4cm X 3cm photo and an e-mail address)
3) Complete list of papers and/or business achievements (please indicate
those which you would like to be reviewed under the stipulations listed in
After careful evaluation of application materials, selected candidates
will be invited to come for an interview and to give a mock mini-lecture
(Skype interview for international applicants is possible.) Only
successful candidate will be contacted. Your application materials will
not be returned. These candidates will be asked to submit additional
documents based on the University of Tsukuba's format.
Applications should be posted to the following address.
MBA Program in International Business
Faculty of Business Sciences
University of Tsukuba
3-29-1 Otsuka, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 112-0012, Japan
Please write $B!H(BHRM position$B!I(B in red ink at the bottom of the envelope.
For further information, see our website at www.mbaib.gsbs.tsukuba.ac.jp
or send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.