Position of Associate Professor of Marketing at the MBA Program in
International Business at the University of Tsukuba$B!G(Bs Faculty of Business
Sciences (Tokyo, Japan Campus)
The Faculty of Business Sciences invites applications for associate
professor (5-year term, extension possible) in marketing at its MBA
Program in International Business. The Tsukuba MBA-IB Program was
established in 2005 with an educational philosophy of developing
international business management professionals who can act autonomously
in the new global business environment. All classes meet on weekday
evenings from 6:20 pm to 9:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:55 am to 9:00 pm and
are aimed at working business professionals.
Details are as follows.
1. Job Description:
1) Teach three or more marketing-related courses in English to a
diversified group of working professionals
2) Supervise students' business projects
3) Undertake administrative work regarding program management and
(A) Associate Professor (research-oriented)
1) Doctorate degree in related field
2) At least four or more research papers (including at least two
peer-reviewed or equivalent, and three published within the last 5 years)
(B) Associate Professor (business practitioner-oriented)
1) MBA or master$B!G(Bs degree or above in marketing or related area
2) Seven years or more business experience in marketing-related area
3) At least four books, papers or business presentations related to
Other Qualifications for both types of associate professors
1. Fluency in English
2. Commitment to the MBA-IB Program
3. All nationalities welcome
4. Other details following the internal rules of the University of Tsukuba
5. Compensation commensurate with experience and in accordance with
university regulations and standards.
3. Application Documents
Applications should include the following documents and must be
post-marked by March 18, 2013.
1) Cover letter including motivation for application
2) Curriculum vitae (with a 4cm X 3cm photo and an e-mail address)
3) Complete list of papers and/or business achievements (please indicate
those which you would like to be reviewed under the stipulations listed in
Based on the above materials, candidates will be selected for interviews.
These candidates will be asked to submit additional documents based on the
University of Tsukuba's format.
Applications should be posted to the following address.
Faculty of Business Sciences (MBA Program in International Business)
University of Tsukuba
3-29-1 Otsuka, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 112-0012, Japan
Please write $B!H(BMarketing position$B!I(B in red ink at the bottom of the envelop.
After careful evaluation of application materials, selected candidates
will be invited to come for an interview and to give a mock mini-lecture.
Only successful candidate will be contacted. Your application materials
will not be returned.
For further information, see our website at www.mbaib.gsbs.tsukuba.ac.jp
or send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.