Professor in International Management
University of Bath - School of Management
Closing Date: Monday 28 March 2011
The School of Management is seeking to appoint a Professor in International Management. We welcome applicants with interests in any area of international management and international business. Particularly welcome are candidates with expertise in international business strategy, cross-cultural management, business-government relations and political economy, comparative management, and business in emerging economies.
The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a vibrant and supportive scholarly community. Joining a group of experienced senior and ambitious junior colleagues, you will have the opportunity to develop and lead research in your chosen area. Building on an excellent track record, you will play a leading role in further enhancing the Schoolís profile in research and teaching as well as shaping the wider strategic development of the School and University.
Informal enquiries may be made to the Deanís office of the School of Management, +(44) (0) 1225 383769 or email [log in to unmask] or the Head of the Strategic and International Management Group Professor Michael Mayer, tel. + (44) (0)1225 383267 or email [log in to unmask]
The Strategic and International Management Group
The Strategic and International Management Group is a dynamic research-oriented group of scholars who publish regularly in leading international journals, such as the Strategic Management Journal, the Journal of International Business Studies, the Journal of Management Studies and Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice. Committed to continuously enhancing the quality of our research, the group provides a mentoring scheme for junior faculty, is developing a vibrant community of PhD researchers, and runs a seminar series with visiting speakers from leading institutions worldwide.
While the research interests of members of the group are diverse they share a common commitment to the development of a contextualised understanding of strategic and international management practice. As a group we thereby seek to combine strong disciplinary foundations with openness to cross- and interdisciplinary approaches.
The following illustrates the range of research interests of the members of the group:
* Dr Felicia Fai (Innovation and technology as drivers of economic growth in a globalizing world)
* Prof Michael Mayer (Strategies, and associated processes and practices, in institutional context)
* Prof Klaus Meyer (Strategies of multinational enterprises entering into or originating from emerging economies)
* Dr. Uta Morgenstern (Strategy process and the resource based view of the firm)
* Dr. Elena Novelli (Resource and competence based perspectives on product innovation)
* Dr. Rekha Rao (Innovation and value creation in base of pyramid businesses around the world; public-private partnerships)
* Dr. Christian Stadler (Strategies for sustainable competitive advantage through learning and innovation, as well as diversification)
* Prof Edmund Thompson (Firm and national competitiveness and cross-cultural socio-psychological aspects of these and entrepreneurship)
* Dr. Helen Xia (International entrepreneurship and open innovation in high technology industries)
Our research brings together a variety of theoretical perspectives on themes of common interest, including for example, institutional theories (Mayer; Meyer; Stadler), political economy/business and public policy (Rao; Thompson), resource and capability based views of the firm (Fai; Meyer; Morgenstern; Novelli; Stadler), and psychology (Morgenstern; Thomson). Regionally, the group currently has particular strengths in western and eastern Europe (Mayer; Meyer; Novelli; Stadler) as well as Asia and emerging economies (Fai; Meyer; Rao; Thompson, Xia). We look forward to working with the person appointed in broadening and deepening our research interests.
Bath, an Equal Opportunities Employer
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.