Hi fellow practitioners and scholars,
My name is Chris Allen Thomas, and I am working on my dissertation at University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League institution. I have worked in ExecEd for the past 5 years, 3 of them at Wharton. I am looking for 2-3 executive development programs delivered over a period of a few days to several weeks. Ideally, I am looking for academic, professional, and corporate formats to conduct a classroom discourse analysis in ExecEd. I am interested in observing communication in the classroom to learn more about how effective ExecEd programs and classes are—or can be—structured. Because of the increasing popularity and need for professional learning environments, it is important to learn more about how to identify and deliver needs to develop the most effective ExecEd programs. The broad overreaching interests of this dissertation are:
1) How is interpersonal trust in the classroom space developed in a learning environment in which professionals are the students, and what are the effects on access to the resources of the classroom network?
2) How do instructors/facilitators and participants develop effective communication structures?
3) In the classroom, who is successful or unsuccessful in framing the learning content, and under what conditions or situations? How are academic and professional interests balanced in the course?
4) What evidence is there that embeddedness in professional or academic networks influences members’ participation?
5) What forms of communication and approaches to learning are valued, by whom, and how are they differentially valued by students and instructors in the classroom, and what effect do they have on participation?
If you are interested in participating as a research site, please contact me at:
Chris Allen Thomas
[log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask]
or by phone at 1-267-804-4641
PhD Candidate, Educational Linguistics
Graduate School of Education
University of Pennsylvania
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisallenthomas
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.