]

Font:

LISTSERV at MSU

AIB-L Home

AIB-L  January 2011

AIB-L January 2011

AIB UKI Conference 2011: NEWS and new paper submission deadline

AIB Conference <[log in to unmask]>

AIB Conference <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:49:05 +0000

text/plain

Dear Colleague in International Business and International Management

We have had a great response not only to our call for papers, but also to our call for reviewers.  So following many requests, and a massive response to our call for reviewers, we are delighted to revise our submission deadline date for our call for papers to Monday 31 January.

So if you were pressed to submit, click on the conference link below.

The 38th Annual Conference of the Academy of International Business (UK & Ireland Chapter)<http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011>
University of Edinburgh Business School, 14-16 April 2011
Theme - International Business: New challenges, new forms, new practices

The businesses that Professor Tamer Cavusgil<http://iib.gsu.edu/IIB/cavusgil-s-tamer.aspx> will address in his KEYNOTE INTERVIEWS will include major engineering Italian, French, British, and possibly US multinationals about the management of their most complex international collaborations.  We anticipate other businesses as well as our academic colleagues to join the debate afterwards, as well as lunch.
Professor Pervez Ghauri<http://www.pervezghauri.com/Home.html> will interview the CEOs of successfully internationalizing manufacturing, high technology and financial service firms, and the discussion, where we anticipate other businesses to attend as well, will explore the similarities and differences in their internationalization processes and experiences.
We have been overwhelmed with the offers of special panel sessions, and they look very exciting:

The future of IB research (Led by Simon Collinson with Bjorn Ambos, Peter Buckley and Alan Rugman)
International entrepreneurship (Led by Sharon Loane and Margaret Fletcher)
Global talent management (Led by Hugh Scullion and David Collings)
Outward Investment from Emerging Economies (Led by Xiaohui Liu and Ling Liu)
Corporate Responsibility and Governance across Institutional Contexts (Led by Kenneth Amaeshi)
Quantitative research methodologies (Led by Nigel Driffield)
Publishing in IB Journals (led by Frank McDonald with Ulf Andersson, Jerley Whitelock, Pervez Ghauri)
Materials for advanced research methods teaching and learning in International Business (led by Jeremy Clegg)
For those interested, we are also offering a special social tour of the highlands on Sunday the 17th, culminating in a visit to an ancient distillery for a full taste of Scotland.  All at a modest cost.

Looking forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh.

Dr Simon Harris
Membership Secretary, Academy of International Business (UK Chapter)
Head, Strategy & International Business, University of Edinburgh Business School

Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Our previous e-mail sent in December:

We are delighted to bring news of special events that will take place.

The 38th Annual Conference of the Academy of International Business (UK & Ireland Chapter)<http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011>
University of Edinburgh Business School, 14-16 April 2011
Theme - International Business: New challenges, new forms, new practices

An innovation is to welcome KEYNOTE INTERVIEWS: leading international business scholars will interview top executives on their areas of expertise.  This will then give the opportunity for a general discussion between the world of research and that of practice
Professor Tamer Cavusgil, who has undertaken extensive research on the ways in which large international collaborative projects are managed and coordinated, will interview global collaborative project coordinators from major MNEs.
Professor Pervez Ghauri, from his extensive research on the internationalization process of firms, will interview the CEOs of successfully internationalizing firms.
We are also pleased to announce five special topic panels:
The future of IB research (Led by Simon Collinson with Peter Buckley and Alan Rugman)
International entrepreneurship (Led by Sharon Loane and Margaret Fletcher)
Global talent management (Led by Hugh Scullion and David Collings)
Outward Investment from Emerging Economies (Led by Ling Liu)
Corporate Responsibility and Governance across Institutional Contexts (Led by Kenneth Amaeshi)
In line with the developmental philosophy within the conference, we are also pleased to announce a range of method/research panels:
Quantitative research methodologies (Led by Nigel Driffield)
Publishing in IB Journals (led by Frank McDonald with Ulf Andersson, Jerley Whitelock, Pervez Ghauri)
Materials for advanced research methods teaching and learning in International Business (led by Jeremy Clegg)
Many of these panels are welcoming further paper submissions: see the http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011/special-sessions for details.

With best regards

Dr Simon Harris
Membership Secretary, Academy of International Business (UK Chapter)
Head, Strategy & International Business, University of Edinburgh Business School

Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Our previous e-mail sent in October:

Dear Colleague in International Business and International Management

The 38th Annual Conference of the Academy of International Business (UK & Ireland Chapter)<http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011>
University of Edinburgh Business School, 14-16 April 2011
Theme - International Business: New challenges, new forms, new practices

Call for papers<http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011/call-for-papers>                    Conference website<http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011/home>

The AIB (UKI) conference (http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011) attracts people from across the world with different discipline backgrounds, perspectives in international business, and new researchers and scholars within a welcoming, developmental atmosphere.  This is the main showcase for those working in international business and international management to present and discuss their latest work within the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Conceptual, qualitative and quantitative contributions addressing issues of, for example, international management and organization, and the newer internationalising firm are new foci reflected in our theme this year, but the themes and streams are driven by the contributions which can come from the entire range of international business and international management interest.

The developmental philosophy is reflected in the highly successful doctoral workshop (http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/aib2011/doctoral-colloquium) and training activities appended to and integrated within the conference.  Doctoral students are able to have their work considered by a panel of top scholars. The training sessions now represent a valuable training event for our doctoral students and a great assistance for their supervisors.

Attendance brings Membership of the Academy of International Business (http://aib.msu.edu), a worldwide body and subscription to the Journal of International Business Studies (JIBS) (http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jibs/index.html).  If you have any queries or questions about membership in the UK and Ireland, please do not hesitate to contact ourselves or other members of the AIB UKI (http://www.aib-uki.org/) Committee through our website.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]