Organic Vegetable and Crop Outreach Specialist
Michigan State University
C.S. Mott Group for Sustainable Food Systems
303 Natural Resources Bldg.
East Lansing, MI 48824
For information on organic agriculture production please visit: http://www.MichiganOrganic.msu.edu/
Please consider the environment before printing this email
From: Andy Clark [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 11:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SANET-MG] FW: Travel Scholarships Available for SARE Anniversary Meeting
From: Pam Hearn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 11:04 AM
Would you please forward the information to your listservs. Thank you for your help. Pam
Please distribute - Support for attendance at the SARE meeting for community development extension educators in the Northeast Region.
SARE is celebrating its 25th anniversary conference in Kansas City March 25-27, 2008.
In order to increase the collaboration between sustainable agriculture and community development, the Northeast Regional Center for Rural Development is pleased to award five travel scholarships of $750 each to community development educators in the region to help them form new partnerships. We are grateful to Farm Foundation for making this possible. There will be an obligation of those supported
1. to participate in a conference call prior to the meeting to discuss strategies to maximize the benefit of participation,
2. to meet as a group briefly during the conference,
3. to write a brief report of the actions they plan as a result of what they learned and who they met at the meetings which will be shared within the region, and
4. to participate in a final phone conference to discuss progress on those actions and suggestions for further regional activities to build stronger partnerships.
Applications should include:
2. Current position
3. Past experience with SARE or other sustainable agriculture groups
4. Potential of more fully integrating community development with sustainable agriculture in their Extension work.
5. A letter supporting their attendance and program integration from their state program leader.
Please send the applications to my e-mail address [log in to unmask] with a copy to [log in to unmask] (Pam Hileman/Pam Hearn).
We will receive applications through February 22 so that those chosen will be able to register by March 1 to pay the reduced conference fee. NOTE: The $250 registration fee is not covered by the $750 travel scholarship.
Pam Hearn for Stephan Goetz
Business and Web Manager
The Northeast Regional Center for Rural Development
7G Armsby Building
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 863-4656
Fax: (814) 863-0586
[log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from SANET-MG:
1- Visit http://lists.sare.org/archives/sanet-mg.html to unsubscribe or;
2- Send a message to <[log in to unmask]> from the address subscribed to the list. Type "unsubscribe sanet-mg" in the body of the message.
Visit the SANET-MG archives at: http://lists.sare.org/archives/sanet-mg.html.
Questions? Visit http://www.sare.org/about/sanetFAQ.htm.
For more information on grants and other resources available through the SARE program, please visit http://www.sare.org.