Yesterday I learned that MSU IT Services seems to maintain two different
ticket tracking systems, itservicedesk.msu.edu and
uss.itservicedesk.msu.edu.  If a ticket goes through
itservicedesk.msu.edu (e.g., I phone it in to MSU IT), then it does
*not* appear in uss.itservicedesk.msu.edu, I can manage it only through
itservicedesk.msu.edu.  If I submit a ticket through
uss.itservicedesk.msu.edu ...  well, I have not tried that experiment
yet, so I don't know if it stays restricted to
uss.itservicedesk.msu.edu, or if it would also appear at
itservicedesk.msu.edu.

This seems absurd to me, but what do I know?  As for me, I will ignore
uss.itservicedesk.msu.edu and put everything through
itservicedesk.msu.edu, just so that I only have to deal with one system
to track everything.

-- dkm