From: Gary Schrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Subject: windows 10 oem home to enterprise errors
To: [log in to unmask]

Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but with the latest batch of computers we've tried doing this on, it's become an issue.

Because of our license with MS, I've seen recommendations that one can order the home version of the OS, and then upgrade it with the product key to either pro or enterprise as needed.  I've had a number of machines that I've upgraded to the enterprise license without any problems (although I have to admit, at least some of them started at pro, but I *thought* I'd done some from home).  However, with our latest batch of machine (Dell Optiplex 7040's), I'm finding it's not as simple as just changing the product key.  We get an error about activating when doing that (0xc004f014), with slui reporting that the product sku is not found.

Doing some research, it seems that there might be issues with trying to do this on machines that have the windows 10 oem home key embedded.  Haven't found a real way around this so far, although I suspect just reinstalling the OS from the enterprise media should hopefully get us around this, just something of a nuisance.

Just figured I'd pass along a heads-up in case anyone else out there has been doing this.