Hi everyone,

I’m trying to understand the implications of this announcement. Right now, we are running our own Exchange server in the rcpd.msu.edu domain. For years, we have forwarded all messages from msu.edu to corresponding rcpd.msu.edu addresses, but set our primary reply addresses to msu.edu. Questions:

1.       Once this change takes effect, what will happen to messages sent to msu.edu? I assume mail.msu.edu will still honor forwarding preferences?

2.       If so, what’s the downside for us if we leave things as they currently are?

3.       If we do make this change now, and then in a few months, or within a year or two, we transition to Office 365, will we need to change back to using our msu.edu addresses as primary?

4.       What if, instead of fiddling with our primary reply to addresses on our own Exchange server, we decide to migrate to campus Exchange right now? Will that allow us to continue using msu.edu as our primary addresses?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Information Technologist

Michigan State University,

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities,  120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915

http://www.rcpd.msu.edu