Okay, you're going to be subjected to a little rant.

Working on a password issue with University Advancement's help desk, I
inadvertently changed my NetID password.  Now I'm dead in the water —
can't order from the C Store, can't put in for vacation days, can't do
any of my work that involves a NetID.

That's not my beef; I'm the one who wasn't paying attention and forgot
the password.  It's the password *change* process that has me agitated.
I need some PIN that I have never used and don't know so I have to ask
for it and WAIT FOR A PIECE OF PAPER to come to me in the mail before I
can request a password change.

I certainly understand the need for security around NetIDs, but this is
ridiculous.  I'm quite sure I'll still be waiting next week.  It's all
very 20th century.

Okay, rant over.  I'll order supplies from somewhere else, because I
can't wait to do that.

--
Kim Geiger
Information Technologist