This conference if for you if you are thinking that selling fresh food to schools and institutions may be in your future market plan. Note that there are 2 sessions that focus on this in the March 25 at the Growing Our Food System, Nourishing Our People. The event will be held at the Lansing Community College-West Campus and the reg fee is only $5.00. to register go to www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org or call me and I can help you register on line. Here is the agenda for that day: Hope you can attend. Growing our Food System: Nourishing Our People March 25, 2010 Events of the Day Time Activity 8:00 - 8:30 Registration 8:30 - 9:15 Multi-sector conversations - Meet people working in other 'sectors' of the food system. 9:15 - 10:30 The Mid-Michigan Food System - Mike Hamm C.S. Mott Professor of Sustainable Agriculture Food Security in the Region - Terry Link, Executive Director of the Greater Lansing Food Bank 10:30 - 10:45 Break 10:45 - 12:15 Inspirational Models * Food Bank, Soup Kitchen, Garden Partnership -W. DeWayne Wells, Gleaners Community Food Bank President; Patrick Crouch, Capuchin Soup Kitchen's Earthworks Farm Program Manager * Educational Farm -Melissa Hornaday, Giving Tree Farm Manager * Produce Distribution - Eric Hahn, Founder of Locavore Food Distributors 12:15 - 1:00 Lunch 1:00 - 2: 30 Break out sessions Option #1: Pantry Innovations v Likely Topics - models, emerging trends, new ideas and approaches to bring in fresh food/produce v Likely Participants - Pantry volunteers and workers Option #2: Locally Grown Food for Local People v Likely Topics - Connecting local farms with local institutions, markets, retailers, etc. v Likely Participants - Growers, farmers, distributors, institutional food service managers Option #3: Food in Community v Likely Topics - urban agriculture and community development, farmers markets, grocery store and corner store improvements, community gardens, pocket parks, etc. v Likely Participants - urban food activists, neighborhood center staff, neighborhood organizers, market managers, urban gardeners Option #4: Investment and Policy-making v Likely Topics - policy changes, investment opportunities v Likely Participants - educators, policymakers, elected officials, health professionals, community development professionals, planners 2:30 - 2:45 Break 2:45 - 3:30 Reporting Out from Break Out Sessions 3:30 - 4:00 Closing Remarks from Terry Link Vicki Morrone 303 Natural Resources Bldg C.S. Mott Group Dept of CARRS East Lansing, MI 48824 517-353-3542/517-282-3557 (cell) [log in to unmask] www.MichiganOrganic.msu.edu for information on organic and sustaianable farming and news & events If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html